can the inbox column width be changed on outlook.com web mail?

Anonymous
2012-08-05T22:12:05+00:00

Hi can you advise me if the inbox column width be changed to make the 'from' column wider? this is on outlook.com web mail (hotmail)

thanks, phil.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-05T22:25:04+00:00

Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,

There should be three options listed.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-24T00:31:15+00:00

    Hi,

    Your account's view is depending what browser and what zoom level you are using. I understand your frustration about this issue and we would like you to hear more from you on how we can improve our product. Please submit a form on the link I have provided below:

    Talk to us

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-22T12:56:10+00:00

    I would have to totally agree w/Suzie here. How come the columns cannot be resized? Most likely it is because they internally do not use a browser version of hotmail/outlook. Or is it so that one of the richest companies in the world can make a tiny bit more profit displaying ads?

    What is more frustrating is actually reading the "low level of competence" of the answers provided by the forum moderators on here. You almost think they are as clueless as the participants. How many of the moderators who replied even tried to bring up hotmail/outlook in a browser window before shooting off an answer? If the problem is as Joy V. says (note on page 2 at the time of this response and her 2nd reply) has been an enhancement request forever than just say that.

    I getting a feeling the moderators are evaluated by how much they participate on these forums not by the quality of what they post.

    Using the latest Chrome v24. or IE9 I can only see the 1st 20 letters of the "from:" and "subject" line. And no that isnt enough for me to discern whether to open the email or delete it. I took the response from another user and reduced the view size of everything on the page so I can see more of the subject line.

    Moderators do something constructive and get you managers and team members to use the products the way your customers do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-01T13:57:57+00:00

    Hi Wendy OL,

    Please confirm on what issue are you encountering on Outlook. Are you encountering the same problem as unable to see the subject line?

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-29T18:04:16+00:00

    I don't see the three metoned.  im familiar with computers, but this.i cant right click for an email view change. my girlfriend wants me to change this for her.  has narrow cumbersome view.

    p

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments