Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,
There should be three options listed.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi can you advise me if the inbox column width be changed to make the 'from' column wider? this is on outlook.com web mail (hotmail)
thanks, phil.
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Click on the Gear symbol on the top right,
There should be three options listed.
Hi Joy_V,
That was a very good suggestion. Unfortunately, I regularly clear my cache and, to my knowledge, this has yet to correct the issue.
However, I might try FixIt for Internet Explorer. If it corrects anything, I will be sure to post!
Thanks
Hi Phil,
Resizing column is unavailable even before Outlook. Please note that it has been noted already on our feature request list.
Thanks.
Hi there - thankyou for trying to help me with this. I have opened up outlook.com using FireFox, Chrome and IE9 and have cleared the browser history and cache/cookies etc. But I still cannot adjust the width of the inbox 'from' column - as it only shows part of the 'from' address and not all of it!!!
Do you think this could be added as a feature enhancement?
I did send a suggestion request via the options for feedback..
How do I upload a screen-shot file to this forum thread? I can't see any obvious buttons..... I could then attach a screen-shot to illustrate this.
Thanks again. Phil.
I put my screen-shot on skydrive - here is a link
chrs, phil
Hi Ron, where exactly is the "S....." you are referring to ?
thanks, Phil.