How to remove the gray bar on right side of browser after upgrading to Outlook/Hotmail Plus?

Anonymous
2013-03-26T20:14:23+00:00

The title asks it all I should hope.

I've searched around, but everyone asking about how to remove it are only complaining about not wanting to see ads without paying.  I have paid, and just wonder if the area that once showed the ads can be removed.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-29T06:36:07+00:00

Hi JeremiahLee85,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community forum. Yes, you may remove the gray bar on the right side of your Outlook.com page. To do this, please follow the steps below:

  1. Open your Inbox.
  2. Click on the gear icon or the cog wheel located at the upper right part of the page beside your Profile name.
  3. Choose More mail settings.
  4. Under Reading email, click Content from third-party networks.
  5. Under Showing public content, choose Don't show public content from third-party networks.
  6. Click Save.

Should you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-13T16:34:41+00:00

    Hope you are not a politician that has to deal with constituents problems. We have way too many of those that use your 1 and 2 thinking. Never seems to get us anywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-13T16:32:41+00:00

    The AD Bar as a view is one thing. But it should not interfere with printing just the email content desire !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-13T16:30:06+00:00

    I also cannot get rid of the annoying Ad bar on the right when in my former Hotmail account. Even when I have to print form Outlook ( formerly hotmail ) I cannot get rid of the ads on the right which prevents me from printing what I need.  Microsoft destroyed Hotmail when they took over.  Amazing how such a large company can be so consumer unfriendly. Ridiculous that I have to forward my Hotmail emails to my Gmail account get a decent print of ONLY the email content.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-11T11:52:05+00:00

    Currently you have 2 choices.

    1. Put up with it.
    2. Go somewhere else.

    Select your best option and get on with your life.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments