I use the nickname Falcon Feathers but I am not connected to Microsoft just writing in to rescue people. So many of us have the same concerns, and there are ways that would correct them.
If they insist on having the ads on the page, they could even move them to the bottom.
I agree with you completely. In 2012 January I was forced into this, and they had removed the option of switching back to the original Hotmail which.....as far as I am concerned........WAS FABULOUS. Why they made all these changes which in fact were never
ever needed...boggles the sane mind. Even now..I open my "old Hotmail as the Outlook.com...and cannot see the full width of collections of photographs forcing you to slide the bar back and forth to see the full page (ridiculous and pointless when a company
as wealthy as Microsoft could hire the most brilliant minds on this planet. Even now..they could either move the ads to the bottom and at least allow you to see full width of writing instead of scrolling back and forth like the......obsolete typewriter.
Another option is to show the ads on the main page where all the inbox subject titles of emails show up....and then when you click the e-mail...have a new FFFFUUULLLL PAGE open up. I also have the other Outlook (another stupidity because Microsoft actually
has 3 different programmes all with the name OUtlook.) The one I also use came as Part of Microsoft Office...Outlook for email. When I use that, the email has the entire page which is great...except for one thing...the size of the font is very small (even
when you click largest.