How do I set my time zone in outlook.com?

Anonymous
2013-04-10T00:52:43+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-11T02:02:09+00:00

Hi,

I am happy to help you with your concern. I understand that you want to change the Timezone of your account.

Usually, the time zone is automatically set after you have created your account and added your country detail. For some isolated cases you will need to change it manually to correct the time and date on the received emails.

  1. Go to this link: https://account.live.com
  2. Under "Overview", click Edit personal info.
  3. Under "Personal info", click the down arrow under the "Time zone" and then choose your preferred time zone.

If you have further clarifications, feel free to post back anytime.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-24T13:43:02+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Hello Everyone,

I want to let you know this issue has been recognized by the Outlook.com team. I have been informed they will attempt to resolve the issue in the next update to Outlook.com. I am unable to provide an exact date but I have been assured it is being worked on.

I appreciate everyone sending this up to us!

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-23T06:17:38+00:00

    Hey, all! I got word yesterday that a fix was applied to this bug. I reset my account from Alberta MST to Regina CST - and now the correct time is displayed for email arrivals in outlook.com. Hurray! Final confirmation will be when we get into November and see whether it handles the time change properly, and again in the spring.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-30T20:51:22+00:00

    Well, partway there as it turns out. The Outlook displayed times are now correct, by Onedrive is all over the place with the file timestamp. Set to Alberta (MST) and a newly created file has a displayed timestamp of four hours into the future. Set to Sask time and it's only one hour into the future.

    So it's really wonky right now in Onedrive...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-14T19:07:37+00:00

    I have installed outlook 2013 on my laptop and the time on emails in not in sync with the time of my laptop.  I followed these steps.  And it did not help.

    1. Go to this link: https://account.live.com
    2. Under "Overview", click Edit personal info.
    3. Under "Personal info", click the down arrow under the "Time zone" and then choose your preferred time zone.

    Kind Regards,

    Dan Spitzer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments