How do I set my time zone in outlook.com?

Anonymous
2013-04-10T00:52:43+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-11T02:02:09+00:00

Hi,

I am happy to help you with your concern. I understand that you want to change the Timezone of your account.

Usually, the time zone is automatically set after you have created your account and added your country detail. For some isolated cases you will need to change it manually to correct the time and date on the received emails.

  1. Go to this link: https://account.live.com
  2. Under "Overview", click Edit personal info.
  3. Under "Personal info", click the down arrow under the "Time zone" and then choose your preferred time zone.

If you have further clarifications, feel free to post back anytime.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-24T13:43:02+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Hello Everyone,

I want to let you know this issue has been recognized by the Outlook.com team. I have been informed they will attempt to resolve the issue in the next update to Outlook.com. I am unable to provide an exact date but I have been assured it is being worked on.

I appreciate everyone sending this up to us!

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-08T18:48:18+00:00

    Hi Terry,

    Good day! I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing this issue. For us to investigate and escalate this issue to our Support Specialists, we need you to provide us the following information in the private message area for security reasons.

    • Account in question.
    • Screen shot of the page that shows your location under your Time zone settings.
    • Full message header of the emails that shows incorrect time.

    To get the full message header, refer to these steps.

    1. Go to Inbox.
    2. Right-click the bounce message.
    3. Choose View message source, a new tab will appear.
    4. Copy and paste all the contents and paste it in the private message area.

    Note: You need to click the notification that states You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private message section or by clicking the Private Messages tab.

    We look forward to hearing from you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-08T19:34:35+00:00

    Information sent in a private reply as requested...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-08T21:13:26+00:00

    Hi Terry,

    Thank you for your quick reply to provide the specific details that we need on this issue.

    Your effort and cooperation with us are much appreciated. I have now bring the attention of our Support specialist on this issue. We'll keep you in touch once the our Support Specialist give their feedback after their investigation.

    Thanks,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments