I ran into a similar situation to others on this thread, following outlook.com's most recent revision (which took place sometime yesterday).
The time stamps for my E-mails had never been a problem. However, when I opened my E-mail yesterday, all of my E-mails were now time-stamped for three hours earlier. (I live in the Eastern Time Zone; my E-mail was now set to show Pacific.)
Worse, with the new update, none of the instructions commonly available for outlook.com did me any good. Going to the wheel (Settings)>Options>General tab did me no good, as there were no options to access in the General tab.
I attempted to contact Microsoft to resolve the problem, using the various resources at their web site. Regrettably, nothing I tried worked. I couldn't use the chat feature assigned to outlook.com, as I continued to receive a message indicating the link
I was trying to access was not secure. I did connect with a chat customer service rep in a different area, and she gave me their toll-free number.
However, calling there didn't help me, either: I was advised that they would look into the issue and call me back. (I never did hear back.)
Upon doing a bit more research online- dumb luck, to be honest- I discovered how one is now supposed to change their time zone, as least for outlook.com (though it looks like it should work in the calendar application as well)
I was able to change my time in outlook.com as follows:
- Click on the wheel (Mail Settings).
- In the drop-down menu, select "Manage apps".
- Under "Options", you should have a list of categories. (I have "Shortcuts", followed by "General" and a few others.) Under the "General" tab, select "Region and time zone".
- In the main panel, you should now be able to select the correct time zone using the drop-down menu.
This menu seems to offer a number of different options for time zones- including Arizona and Saskatchewan.
I hope this helps someone..