How do I set my time zone in outlook.com?

Anonymous
2013-04-10T00:52:43+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-11T02:02:09+00:00

Hi,

I am happy to help you with your concern. I understand that you want to change the Timezone of your account.

Usually, the time zone is automatically set after you have created your account and added your country detail. For some isolated cases you will need to change it manually to correct the time and date on the received emails.

  1. Go to this link: https://account.live.com
  2. Under "Overview", click Edit personal info.
  3. Under "Personal info", click the down arrow under the "Time zone" and then choose your preferred time zone.

If you have further clarifications, feel free to post back anytime.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-24T13:43:02+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Hello Everyone,

I want to let you know this issue has been recognized by the Outlook.com team. I have been informed they will attempt to resolve the issue in the next update to Outlook.com. I am unable to provide an exact date but I have been assured it is being worked on.

I appreciate everyone sending this up to us!

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-30T17:58:31+00:00

    sorry folks;

    I am on EST and there is no way to go to DST. Finally did figure out the 4 hour difference between ?? and EDT was it was in GMT which of course does not change when DST kicks in. so instead of the five hours I was thinking about, it was now four (4) hours. The options ONLY show ST and not any DT choices.

    HELP Me please.

    larry wilson

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-30T16:09:31+00:00

    What is the status of OneDrive's timestamp being wrongly displayed for Saskatchewan's time zone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2015-01-14T20:47:52+00:00

    In Outlook 2013, when you click File>Options>Calendar and examine the Time zone field, what does it contain?

    Which time is incorrect, the Received time?  Are you, too, using Outlook.com as your mail provider?  (I'd guess so from the fact you looked for the time on the web site.)

    What does the "Date" Internet header of the message say?  How about the various Received headers?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments