How do I set my time zone in outlook.com?

Anonymous
2013-04-10T00:52:43+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-11T02:02:09+00:00

Hi,

I am happy to help you with your concern. I understand that you want to change the Timezone of your account.

Usually, the time zone is automatically set after you have created your account and added your country detail. For some isolated cases you will need to change it manually to correct the time and date on the received emails.

  1. Go to this link: https://account.live.com
  2. Under "Overview", click Edit personal info.
  3. Under "Personal info", click the down arrow under the "Time zone" and then choose your preferred time zone.

If you have further clarifications, feel free to post back anytime.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-24T13:43:02+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Hello Everyone,

I want to let you know this issue has been recognized by the Outlook.com team. I have been informed they will attempt to resolve the issue in the next update to Outlook.com. I am unable to provide an exact date but I have been assured it is being worked on.

I appreciate everyone sending this up to us!

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-14T01:58:39+00:00

    I have the exact same issue as Terry - I too live in Saskatchewan and have to set my time zone to MST because Saskatchewan does not observe Daylight Savings Time.

    This issue is frustrating and odd considering that several other Microsoft products (including Windows) work just fine with the time zone set to CST (Saskatchewan).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T19:03:11+00:00

    Okay, so it's that time again.

    STRICTLY in Outlook.com, if I have my personal profile time zone set to Regina, Saskatchewan CST (the city and time zone where I'm located), the time on emails being received is one hour off right now. Keep in mind that all of Saskatchewan (including Saskatoon

    • which is also listed separately in the time zone list) is on CST - but NOT with Daylight Savings Time.

    In other words, right now, on March 10, 2014, the local time in Saskatchewan should be 12:55 p.m. However, in Outlook.com, an email received at this time would show 1:55 p.m. This is wrong. This would be correct if we were in CST and observing Daylight Savings (like Manitoba - which is the next province to our east), but Saskatchewan does not observe DST.

    A workaround would be that I could 'kludge' the time zone to correct this temporarily to say I'm in Alberta (which is MST but observes Daylight Savings, but would match our time displacement at this time of the year). But this would mean making sure that I (and any other outlook.com users in Saskatchewan) would need to make sure we manually change our profile time zones in all our outlook.com accounts twice a year as the clocks are set forward and back.

    I can't see how Microsoft could accept that the above is a good user experience, especially given that this affects more than outlook.com since this is pervasive across all online services based on the common live.com profile.

    Is Microsoft aware of this issue? What is being done to address it? As someone else mentioned in this message chain, Arizona is in a similar situation since they do not observe Daylight Savings as well. Are they experiencing the same issue - or has Microsoft addressed their situation but not Saskatchewan's?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-17T18:44:13+00:00

    Hi canadian user,

    Thank you for getting back to us. Since you mentioned that when you set your Time Zone to Mountain Time, the issue has been correct. In this case, please continue to use Mountain Time as your setting at your Time Zone for the time being.

    Apparently, when I have searched the keyword "Saskatchewan" in Microsoft Community, I am unable to see any related issue regarding this matter. However, what I can also suggest is for you to try to sign in to your account using another computer/browser then do a self test message to check if the time is out by one hour.

    Please return back if the issue has been fixed. If not, we will further assist in you resolving the issue.

    Regards,

    Francis S.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments