How do I set my time zone in outlook.com?

Anonymous
2013-04-10T00:52:43+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-11T02:02:09+00:00

Hi,

I am happy to help you with your concern. I understand that you want to change the Timezone of your account.

Usually, the time zone is automatically set after you have created your account and added your country detail. For some isolated cases you will need to change it manually to correct the time and date on the received emails.

  1. Go to this link: https://account.live.com
  2. Under "Overview", click Edit personal info.
  3. Under "Personal info", click the down arrow under the "Time zone" and then choose your preferred time zone.

If you have further clarifications, feel free to post back anytime.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-24T13:43:02+00:00

I used Hotmail for years, and still have Windows Live Mail on my laptop.  Tonight I logged into outlook.com with my hotmail account and saw that the time is out by one hour.  Saskatchewan does not have daylight savings time.  How do I correct the time in outlook.com?  

Note: I am running Windows 7 and my Windows clock at the bottom right of the task bar is correct.

Hello Everyone,

I want to let you know this issue has been recognized by the Outlook.com team. I have been informed they will attempt to resolve the issue in the next update to Outlook.com. I am unable to provide an exact date but I have been assured it is being worked on.

I appreciate everyone sending this up to us!

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-18T01:12:24+00:00

    I just discovered this solution. Changing the Country and Time Zone properties in outlook.com alone apparently does NOT help. Here's what should work:

    1. Navigate to calendar.live.com
    2. Click on Options menu in top right gear wheel menu
    3. About halfway down the page you'll see options for Reminder Time, Language and - voila - Time Zone
    4. Change the time zone to the right one
    5. Refresh outlook.com

    You should now see the right time zones. Weird, but that's what it is. Just to recap - you have to change the time zone in BOTH outlook.com and calendar.live.com.

    MSFT - Why is this so? You need to fix this ASAP!!

    Terry/Achilles Heal/others - Can you test this and report back?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-20T23:17:50+00:00

    Same problem - Microsoft Account not properly recognizing Saskatchewan time zone. This is going nowhere in this forum. Does anyone know how to escalate this to Microsoft Support for the Microsoft Account offering?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-16T18:41:18+00:00

    Another Saskatchewan resident here. No, Terry and all the other Saskatchewan residents are not crazy (which must be what Microsoft thinks, or surely they would have fixed this, right?). Outlook.com's Saskatchewan time zones (it lists Regina and Saskatoon separately) are simply incorrect. They adjust for DST, but in Saskatchewan we do not. We are GMT -6 all year round. Changing to another time zone to correct means that we have to manually change the time zone twice a year. This is unacceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments