Why is Conversation View greyed out in Outlook.com Android App?

Anonymous
2013-10-16T17:42:17+00:00

I installed the Outlook.com app (version 7.8.2.12, build date 10 Oct 2013) on my Galaxy S3 and it is working well with the exception of conversation view.  When I go to Settings -> General Settings the option for Conversation View is unchecked and grayed out.  Does anybody have any insight as to why this may be and/or how to solve it?

Thanks.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-16T01:05:42+00:00

    It's pretty ridiculous that it's been over a year now and we know the exact setting/app that causes this, but there's still been no fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-16T04:58:59+00:00

    I agree. Could someone from Microsoft tell us when (and if) this is going to be fixed. And not "our team is working it" or some other vague answer. I think we deserve some specifics after all this time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-10-21T19:56:32+00:00

    This is a shame! I was looking for a workaround for this thread and instead of finding it I realized that this problem has been going on for such a long time! Where is the solution almighty Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-23T18:25:16+00:00

    I have no idea why? #trying to go mobile...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-03-16T21:39:20+00:00

    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.  the autofill option/app for me is KeeperPass, but I guess Outlook must have a problem with any auto-fill, because as soon as I turned it off, I was able to get access (not grayed out anymore) to Conversation View & checked it to turn on.  Very strange relationship hope they fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments