Why is Conversation View greyed out in Outlook.com Android App?

Anonymous
2013-10-16T17:42:17+00:00

I installed the Outlook.com app (version 7.8.2.12, build date 10 Oct 2013) on my Galaxy S3 and it is working well with the exception of conversation view.  When I go to Settings -> General Settings the option for Conversation View is unchecked and grayed out.  Does anybody have any insight as to why this may be and/or how to solve it?

Thanks.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-25T15:40:43+00:00

    Hi all,

    I changed the launcher on my device (using Apex Launcher now) and see that the conversation view is back. I don't know what the problem was, but it seems to me like it was a conflict in permissions. Could that be the case? Anyway, I switched back to my previous launcher (Launcher 8) and conversation view was disabled again. So using Apex Launcher I have the conversation view available, with Launcher 8 I don't. (Both launchers available in Play Store).

    Hope this helps anybody.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-09T23:41:52+00:00

    From our implementation, if accessibility services are turned on under Settings -> Accessibility, then only plain view for Conversations are supported. This makes it easier for users who need accessibility features to operate. If you’d like Conversation View to be enabled, please turn off your Accessibility services. Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-10T00:10:18+00:00

    That does solve the problem, but I need accessibility services on to enable LastPass to autofill in Apps on Android.  Is there really a good reason to tie accessibility to conversation view?  It seems reasonable to be able to control these independently.

    Thanks,

    Dan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-10T10:16:40+00:00

    I fully agree with Dan, this seems totally absurd. For example, I need to control the illumination bar on my Xperia SP, why does this prevent me from enabling conversation view?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-15T20:17:54+00:00

    Turn off the Accessibility service did the trick but I am with Dan as I need to enable LastPass to autofill information on other apps. Should next update allow the user to toggle "conversation view" even some of the Accessibility features are on?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments