Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
It's pretty ridiculous that it's been over a year now and we know the exact setting/app that causes this, but there's still been no fix.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed the Outlook.com app (version 7.8.2.12, build date 10 Oct 2013) on my Galaxy S3 and it is working well with the exception of conversation view. When I go to Settings -> General Settings the option for Conversation View is unchecked and grayed out. Does anybody have any insight as to why this may be and/or how to solve it?
Thanks.
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It's pretty ridiculous that it's been over a year now and we know the exact setting/app that causes this, but there's still been no fix.
From our implementation, if accessibility services are turned on under Settings -> Accessibility, then only plain view for Conversations are supported. This makes it easier for users who need accessibility features to operate. If you’d like Conversation View to be enabled, please turn off your Accessibility services. Hope this helps.
What? Google's lack of concern for their broken email application brought me to Outlook. I get here and find out that an accessibility setting prevents threaded conversations in your app. This makes little to no sense. Half a year later and this can't be adjusted in one of your prime apps? I don't understand, but I guess I'll take it like a good little consumer.
Hello trikotret,
Thank you for the information, and for the log file and screenshot you provided in the private message area. Please be advised that we will be looking into this issue along with the Support Specialist. We understand the urgency of this issue. However, we cannot provide you with the time before an answer can be provided. Rest assured that this post is being tracked.
We recommend that you try visiting this thread and the private message area from time to time to check if the issue is already resolved.
We appreciate your patience in going through this issue.
Have a great day!
9 months and no fix ? wth?
Its ridiculous isn't it?
I mean sure okay disabling accessibility enables conversations but I've a freaking smartband that is now a vital part of my everyday mobile life. Im not going to disable my brand new Z2's biggest pack-in because people at Microsoft thinks that this is okay.
Those pointless questions are however absurd and should not be asked to someone who actually just confirmed that he/she has already done all the things.
Get your **** together and get this fixed
I have the same issue. Tried all instructions above, but still no luck.
It has been half a year since the last reply. I am wondering if the technical team has figured out the solution.
Thanks!
Kevin
Hello trikotret,
Thank you for the information, and for the log file and screenshot you provided in the private message area. Please be advised that we will be looking into this issue along with the Support Specialist. We understand the urgency of this issue. However, we cannot provide you with the time before an answer can be provided. Rest assured that this post is being tracked.
We recommend that you try visiting this thread and the private message area from time to time to check if the issue is already resolved.
We appreciate your patience in going through this issue.
Have a great day!
9 months and no fix ? wth?