Why is Conversation View greyed out in Outlook.com Android App?

Anonymous
2013-10-16T17:42:17+00:00

I installed the Outlook.com app (version 7.8.2.12, build date 10 Oct 2013) on my Galaxy S3 and it is working well with the exception of conversation view.  When I go to Settings -> General Settings the option for Conversation View is unchecked and grayed out.  Does anybody have any insight as to why this may be and/or how to solve it?

Thanks.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-25T14:50:39+00:00

    Any news?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-26T01:12:46+00:00

    I'm having the same issue on my Nexus 5 (Kit Kat 4.4.2). This is my first Android phone, and I really like both the app and the device. Just wish I could get conversation view to work...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-03T19:10:11+00:00

    Hey everyone,

    I have the same problem, but with my computer/outlook website - the option to organize emails by conversation is either not working or not even being offered. Any ideas how to fix it? When I check my email though my iPod touch the conversation view works fine.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-02T09:43:47+00:00

    Hi all,

    I'm also having the same problem of the greyed out conversation view option. In an older version of the app the option used to work. I have a  Samsung Galaxy S3.

    Has anyone a solution yet?

    Thanks!

    PS: on my Asus TF300T tablet the conversation view option does work. The outlook.com app is set up with the same account as on my phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-27T12:36:50+00:00

    Hi all,

    I'm having the same problem that MichaelMaker has. I have a nexus 4.

    Has anyone given a solution to the problem?

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments