"It is a server-side issue that seems to be internal to Microsoft's network."
At the moment, there is no such information cascaded to us that would support this statement. It would be best if you contact our Microsoft Account Support for further assistance.
Should you have other questions, clarifications or any other concerns, please let us know and we will be happy to further assist you.
Regards,
Jeffrey
Jeffrey or other MS staff:
A bunch of us here are pretty certain there is one or more internal MS processes generating these alerts. Please see my posting of July 18 2014 for a report that is virtually 100% certainly a case of an internal process gone wrong. In brief:
- In web browser, I followed a link which turned out to be someone else's skydrive. I never use skydrive myself (and almost never use Live), but apparently skydrive noticed a cookie and identified me, because...
- Some while later, I got the infamous "Your profile has changed" scary email message.
- When I dug into it, I saw that the Send time of scary email message was exactly the time that my browser history shows that I visited someone else's skydrive.
It is spectacularly unlikely that my account was hacked at the exact moment I happened to browse to skydrive.
So my conclusion is that your skydrive code calls your check cookie "do we know this visitor" code which calls your "has this user logged in recently" code, and if not, sets a flag to notify the user to do something, like maybe change password if it hasn't
been done recently.
But unfortunately that's been implemented as "send user a scary message about account being hacked".
So there you have it: Almost 100% certainty that there's a problem on your server, and exact pointers where that problem is. Not to say that's the ONLY problem, but at least a start.
-- Graham
(FWIW, a former MVP for Visio)