I want my old hotmail look back!!!! ):

Anonymous
2012-09-13T21:50:09+00:00

I did not know that i changed my email from hotmail logo to outlook. I would like to change it back to the hotmail look please. Please help me!

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-29T05:41:29+00:00

Hi Everyone,

We apologize for the inconvenience if you didn't like the new Outlook interface and that you don't have the option to switch back to Hotmail interface.

I can only imagine how frustrating you are that the option was disabled. We always welcome useful ideas to improve services Microsoft offers to its customers. If you like, you can go to our feedback page and post it as  a suggestion.

You may also check this helpful article, **My Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.com** to have more ideas about the upgrade.

Note: This thread has been locked.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-27T22:11:50+00:00

    This is B.S. I want my old Hotmail...WTF...I walk away for 2 minutes and come back to this ****. I went to the gear Icon...there is no switchback option. GGRRRRR

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-27T22:09:52+00:00

    Bull...theres no switch back...what are you talking abou??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-24T14:45:20+00:00

    Not sure, if you were the part of this upgrading process of Outlook.com or not.

    I wasn't.  I don't work for Microsoft.

    When you first signed up for your free account, the terms you OKed by signing up stated that Microsoft could change the appearance of Hotmail without warning or your permission.  You accepted those terms by accepting the account.  These are terms similar to any free Internet services.  You accept those terms when you create a free Google Mail or Yahoo account as well.

    Microsoft has decided to spend boatloads of money on a Windows 8 Modern style rebranding of all of its properties.  Their main web page, their support web page, their compatibility web page, just about every web page has been this type of change.  Whether or not it proves in the long run to be a mistake, time (and revenue) will tell.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-24T09:12:01+00:00

    Brian,

    Not sure, if you were the part of this upgrading process of Outlook.com or not.

    Outlook really disappointed all users. Except that, they made the mistake. They should ask permission before switching to Outlook.com.

    What does this mean? "Hotmail is, after all, Microsoft's property and they can change it however they wish without seeking anyone's permission". They deal with our important and confidential emails. So, how can you make statement like this? They have to ask our permission before making such big decision.

    They made the mistake and someone should resolve it. At least by giving end users an option to retain old version. Whoever likes the new Outlook will goes with it. However, they should not force users to switch on Outlook.com, let user make the choice. Or else, they will be losing lots of users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments