Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-23T06:42:33+00:00

    Where are all of my email's and documents?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2016-08-23T13:18:30+00:00

    How do you access your mailbox and what documents to you mean? Are you referring to OneDrive documents?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-09-10T14:20:02+00:00

    I was horrified this morning when signing in to my Hotmail account to find it had been changed to Outlook. I hate it. Been  getting ton’s of unwanted emails all day from the USA and other parts of the globe with offers but I do live in the UK.  I have spent most of the day blocking unwanted mail.

    I never got anything like this with my Hotmail Account.  I WANT IT BACK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-09-10T14:44:36+00:00

    Once your account has been migrated there is no going back to the old format.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-09-16T20:26:39+00:00

    I hate this new Outlook, would like my hotmail back as well

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments