Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
I have always just logged into Hotmail. It never has changed until I switched computers.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail. I am unable to open any of my emails. How do I get it to go back to hotmail?
Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have always just logged into Hotmail. It never has changed until I switched computers.
Hi Natalie,
Thank you for getting back to us.
We would like to know more about your issue. Let me ask a few questions.
It would be better if you can provide us with more information about your issue.
We're looking forward to your response.
Regards.
Agreed. The new hotmail is terrible. Same here. If there are no options to go back to the old Hotmail, I'll close my 12 yr old hotmail acct and do gmail full time. Ridiculously bad.
If I might add an answer to that, the old Hotmail was easier to select individual emails and delete. While in Junk folder, when selecting emails to keep, this new email does not allow that to happen nearly as easily. The folder is too sensitive. If you select all emails and de-select the ones you want to keep, and delete the rest of the junk emails, and if you hit any other key, the de-select goes away, forcing you to start over.
It moves slower generally. The pull down bar is to thin making it difficult to grab without hitting some ad or something else.
There is no way to scroll down using down arrow on the keyboard. You can't click anywhere to allow the arrow to work to scroll down.
Also, I, personally, prefer pages to all emails on one infinite list, more easily managed.
Thanks for listening.
Hi,
In new Outlook.com, it is the same way to select the items & click on delete option, it will delete the selected emails, To empty junk folder, just you need to click on the empty folder option in Outlook mail.
For more information see the below screenshot.
Also see the below screenshot.
scroll down using down arrow is still working in Outlook Email, I suggest you to try accessing through different browser & check if it helps.
Thanks & regards.
Mohammed Ali.