Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-15T17:20:36+00:00

    Hi,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    I'm happy to address your concern.

    Please be informed that all Hotmail users has now been migrated to Outlook.com and the option to switch back is no longer available.

    If you're currently having issues reading and replying to an email, kindly optimize your browser or use other browsers so we could determine if this is a browser related issue.

    Some parts of Outlook might not work and it might not display properly if you're not using an updated browser. To get the best browsing experience in Outlook.com, please refer to article provided by Eugene.

    Should you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-27T13:53:52+00:00

    For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2014-06-27T13:59:10+00:00

    Your post contains nothing but a quote of someone else's post.  Did you have something to add?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-27T20:25:14+00:00

    Hello

    I am not able to get emails from my Hotmail account.  It switched to outlook without sending contacts, emails etc to the outlook account.  How can I retrieve thm?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-09-27T20:28:14+00:00

    NTAIE

    When was the last time you lagged onto your account using a web browser/  The change to outlook.com was complete back in April so it is probably longer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments