Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-16T15:17:05+00:00

    It won't happen (at least at this point in time), so if you wish to continue using Outlook.com/Hotmail and are having difficulty, why not post a detailed description of the problem and people should be able to help address it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-25T14:11:05+00:00

    OUTLOOK is terrible !!! If I can not get back my Hotmail account (had it for 20 !!! years) - I will  start to use Yahoo instead ! They have a much better system for me .

    SO PLEASE PUT ME BACK OM HOTMAIL !!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-25T17:32:15+00:00

    Once the switch to Outlook.com happens for an account, there is no going back, period.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-28T06:39:00+00:00

    Facebook changes its interface all the time, and people always whine and threaten to leave... but nobody ever does. And, it seems, Microsoft has been watching.

    Of course, switching from one of the many e-mail providers is a lot less effort than switching from Facebook (a social monopoly) to some other site nobody uses. Who knows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-04-03T01:14:36+00:00

    I have a Mac and am using Firefox, I dont have a cog in the upper right corner. Can you help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments