Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-02T15:01:53+00:00

    Yeah, another bad choice in interface 'upgrade'... this one is second only to the new iTunes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-02T15:31:42+00:00

    Be sure to tell Microsoft your thoughts by visiting http://feedback.live.com/.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-05T19:08:10+00:00

    i am done with hotmail effective immediately. you cant force change you are going to alienate your loyal user base. i am now switching all my emails to gmail becuase of this forced change. i loved hotmail before this but not giving me the option to keep what i loved is unacceptable and you will only be meant with bitter jilted emotions. thanks for your time.

    thanks for the link brian i sent this to them now too

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-05T22:43:50+00:00

    I'm curious what you'll do if Google decides it's time to update the gmail interface.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-06T10:14:31+00:00

    Pretty liberal with the worde "update" arent we?

    So hypothetically speaking, to entertain your question.

    If google decided to make the exact same gargantuan blunder, of completely changing their email service to something i didnt ask for or want with no way to simply keep the UI I know and love?

    I suppose I'd b left with the same 2 choices i had today:  give up and deal with the new hideous joke email client or find a new email service provider that i believe wouldn't make poor decisions in the future, migrate to that one, then give the proper negative feedback to the newly failed gmail.

    Honestly, put an option to change the UI back, is it truly that difficult? do we not have the technology? or was it just easier to force this on everyone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments