Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-05T19:08:10+00:00

    i am done with hotmail effective immediately. you cant force change you are going to alienate your loyal user base. i am now switching all my emails to gmail becuase of this forced change. i loved hotmail before this but not giving me the option to keep what i loved is unacceptable and you will only be meant with bitter jilted emotions. thanks for your time.

    thanks for the link brian i sent this to them now too

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-02T15:31:42+00:00

    Be sure to tell Microsoft your thoughts by visiting http://feedback.live.com/.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-02T15:01:53+00:00

    Yeah, another bad choice in interface 'upgrade'... this one is second only to the new iTunes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-01T13:58:56+00:00

    I absolutely detest the new Outlook format and am considering taking my accounts to Gmail since Hotmail is being discontinued by Microsolft.  It was so much easier to see all my folders, emails, etc on Hotmail (plus all the nice templates).  The print on the Outlook format is too large (and I see no way to adjust it) so I see a fraction of what I used to on the page, the templates are ugly (just colors) and it is cumbersome to use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-08T20:35:11+00:00

    Unfortunately, If you were auto updated there is no option to revert back.  Microsoft is upgrading everyone to Outlook.com in the coming weeks

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook/auto-upgrade-outlook-FAQ

    If you have specific questions or issues we would be happy to help.

    If you want to go back to the desktop version of Outlook instead of the mobile site, please follow the steps below.

    1. Login to your account
    2. Follow this link http://profile.live.com/contacts?bfv=um.
    3. Click the word "PC site" at the bottom part of the page

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments