Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-10T20:53:05+00:00

    The switch from hotmail to outlook is the most disgusting new format I have ever seen. I don't like it, I don't want it, I don't want to use it, I will tell everyone I see how terrible it is, I hate it, I hate it,  I hate it, I love the wonderful hotmail email I have used for years and will not be made to use something I don't like. I use windows 7 Proffessional 64 bit and love it too. I don't like the new Windows 8 at all.  I would really appreciate being switched back to my wonderful hotmail account, not the terrible, disgusting outlook you are trying to force down my throat!

    Drew Clement    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***      *** Email address is removed for privacy ***     *** Email address is removed for privacy ***  XXX-XXX-XXXX

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-09T18:21:10+00:00

    I absolutely detest the new Outlook format and am considering taking my accounts to Gmail since Hotmail is being discontinued by Microsolft.  It was so much easier to see all my folders, emails, etc on Hotmail (plus all the nice templates).  The print on the Outlook format is too large (and I see no way to adjust it) so I see a fraction of what I used to on the page, the templates are ugly (just colors) and it is cumbersome to use. 

     

     

    Yes!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely agree. I have both of my accounts, personal and professional, on hotmail. They switched my professional one to Outlook, without my permission, and so now I'm currently creating new accounts on Google. We should have had a choice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-06T15:38:34+00:00

    Of course I can't answer for Microsoft (since I don't work for them), but they seem to have bet the farm on the Windows 8 branding and decided that all their properties needed the refresh.  While I, too, prefer the Hotmail UI, it is what it is and I don't have any problem using the new UI.  This forum proves that others' experiences are not as clean as my own.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-06T10:14:31+00:00

    Pretty liberal with the worde "update" arent we?

    So hypothetically speaking, to entertain your question.

    If google decided to make the exact same gargantuan blunder, of completely changing their email service to something i didnt ask for or want with no way to simply keep the UI I know and love?

    I suppose I'd b left with the same 2 choices i had today:  give up and deal with the new hideous joke email client or find a new email service provider that i believe wouldn't make poor decisions in the future, migrate to that one, then give the proper negative feedback to the newly failed gmail.

    Honestly, put an option to change the UI back, is it truly that difficult? do we not have the technology? or was it just easier to force this on everyone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-05T22:43:50+00:00

    I'm curious what you'll do if Google decides it's time to update the gmail interface.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments