Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-11T07:40:53+00:00

    "I HATE OUTLOOK always have hated outlook, I NEVER used outlook and I will not start now!!!!! Please don't confuse Outlook.com and Microsoft Office Outlook. They are in no way related. You could not "have always hated Outlook" (referring to Outlook.com) because Outlook.com didn't exist before a few months ago. "

    ======

    I am not confusing the two.. Yes, I hate outlook, always have.. None the less, I also hate "this" outlook looking stuff.. I also know, its still the "same" email, however, I HATE the outlook "look". And yes, I know outlook.com didnt exist untill a few months ago, but, onec again, I am FORCED into a change I do not want or like... Microsoft wants all there **** to look like Windows 8, well guess what, not every one, infact willing to wager, most, do not like that look, well besides the die hard Micro fans out there that think Microsoft can do no wrong.. Or, those who know nothing about computers or how to use them aside from a click here and there to view mass emails and crud... Yea, I am a bit on the , well, p.oed side.. And I am certainly watching my language on this site.. I tend to say it as I see it or feel it.. If I believe some thing is wrong, I mention it.. And this, is wrong.. millions of people who LOVED the old hotmail look are being forced into some thing with out there say so in agreament, sure, its micosofts privilage and right to change what ever they wish, HOWEVER, it is not the right way to go about it.. I see absolutly NO HARM in any way letting people to choose which UI they use, FORCING them ito one or the other now is just letting people know that microsoft doesn't really care what tehre "loyal" customers want.. "You will take it this way and like it!!" hmmmm, sounds real familiar to me.. So, once again, I am not reffering it as the same as the old craped out or even new crapped out outlook, its the ugly bulky UI I am reffering to...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-11T03:16:00+00:00

    I HATE OUTLOOK always have hated outlook, I NEVER used outlook and I will not start now!!!!!

    Please don't confuse Outlook.com and Microsoft Office Outlook.  They are in no way related.  You could not "have always hated Outlook" (referring to Outlook.com) because Outlook.com didn't exist before a few months ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-11T01:24:10+00:00

    Be sure to tell Microsoft your thoughts by visiting http://feedback.live.com/.

    I did just that. Not at all happy about the change. and am moving.. Yes, I know many are "loyal" customers of Microsoft, I on the other hand am not. Used to be, but that is changing over time as they continue to try to force people to do as they wish, (microsoft), and have no regard for what others like.. Yes, I knew the change was coming, but was hoping by some SMALL miracle, it would remain "choice" on the users part. However as of today, that choice is no longer viable and people are being FORCED into using it. Or moving.. I am moving!!! The only reason I am keeping this account active is to see all the **** responses I get from people who "love" microsoft".. I am also reasonably sure Microsoft will remove my comments so no one else can view them. Well, that is typical of companies to remove negative thoughts from people.. I am not happy with FORCED change, never have been , never will be and so long as there are alternatives to the changes, I will use them.. Also, I would like to add that I am slowly moving out from under microsoft all together.. You all have fun now... And enjoy your new OUTLOOK UI..

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-11T01:00:27+00:00

    Hmm, yea, jsut as I thought, many have already shown there dislike with Microsofts STUPID FORCED change to the godawfull retarded OUTLOOK UI.. And I am sure many, like myself, have been using Hotmail for many many years with very little compaint, if any. Microsoft, once again you are trying to FORCE people into products that YOU feel they need and want.. Once again, a large corperation is trying to take over the thought process of people using there products and the thing is, most people are going to accept it regardless because they are blind as to whats going on and believe it is for there best intrest to accept the new ideas and or products being shoved down there throats.. I HATE OUTLOOK always have hated outlook, I NEVER used outlook and I will not start now!!!!! My emails are all being moved to another provider, and if, by some chance, they decide to "update or upgrade", I will find another I like, there are many out there.. Eventually, if needed I willSTOP emails alltogether rather than being FORCED into using one I do not like.. No choice in the matter?? nah, to **** with that.... IF, by some strange chance we were given a choice, I MAY have eventually went to that format, but, since I am being FORCED into it, nah, I dont think so... I do NOT like being forced into any thing, if I have a choice of going elsewhere or staying, I GO.. I will be DAMNED surprised if my comment is kept up on the viewing pages. If not, you acn be assured I will write it again untill and WHEN microsoft desides to remove my name from the system because I give my opinion on things. Yes, I am also sure MANY will not like whatI have to say, guess what, I dont care.. Nor do I care that I am not that great a speller or typer, never claimed to be.. If I upset people with this, live with it!! It's my personal opinion and its not going to change..

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments