Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-25T17:32:15+00:00

    Once the switch to Outlook.com happens for an account, there is no going back, period.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-25T14:11:05+00:00

    OUTLOOK is terrible !!! If I can not get back my Hotmail account (had it for 20 !!! years) - I will  start to use Yahoo instead ! They have a much better system for me .

    SO PLEASE PUT ME BACK OM HOTMAIL !!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-03-16T15:17:05+00:00

    It won't happen (at least at this point in time), so if you wish to continue using Outlook.com/Hotmail and are having difficulty, why not post a detailed description of the problem and people should be able to help address it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-16T12:04:47+00:00

    Not happy with this at all. I never agreed to this and cannot use Outlook!!!!!!!!! I very distressed so please switch me back to Hotmail imeadiatly.

    Thanks in advance.

    Julie Hinckley

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-12T04:04:23+00:00

    Hi All,

    We understand your frustrations about the Outlook.com user interface. We recognize how you like Hotmail interface so much but at this point, we are upgrading all Hotmail users to Outlook.com and plans were shared when we launched Outlook.com preview.

    You can post your feedback on the link that was provided by Brian Tillman. For more information, you can refer to this article “Why am I seeing Outlook.com instead of Hotmail when I log in?”

    If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments