Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-10T05:43:55+00:00

    Hi Winnythepooch,

    I do apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. I understand your frustration especially if you can't access your important emails. Let me help you with that.

    To get the best experience of the new Outlook.com, I suggest that you upgrade or download the latest version of your internet browser to ensure its compatibility with the new interface. Refer to the link below to know more about it:

    Which browsers are supported by SkyDrive, People and Outlook.com?

    Make sure that the updated version of Silverlight is installed in your computer. Visit this link for instructions.

    If the issue persists, please let us know and we are happy to futher assist you.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-07T01:45:31+00:00

    I can not read my emails.  I can not get into my junk box.  It says something about stopping a script. I cant even close the page.  It freezes and I know for a fact it is not my computer.  It is the new quote unquote upgrade.  What is up with that.  So far outlook.com is not an upgrade but a downgrade.  This is just rediculeous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-05T00:45:38+00:00

    Hi Heather,

    Welcome to Microsoft community and we are glad to assist you.

    I understand that the Gear Icon at the upper-right corner of your account page is missing. I will definitely assist you in fixing the issue.

    If you are using an old browser, some parts of Outlook might not work and it might not display properly. I suggest that you upgrade your browser to its latest version to get the most out of Outlook. You may also want to optimize the default browser that you are using just to make sure that it is not contributing to the issue.

    If the above steps did not resolve the issue, please provide us with the following information.

    · Does the issue occur when using other Outlook.com supported browser?

    · Does the issue occur when using another computer?

    · Does the issue occur when using different Outlook.com account on the same browser/computer?

    We look forward to your response. We would be happy to help you further.

    Thank you,

    Cherry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-03T01:14:36+00:00

    I have a Mac and am using Firefox, I dont have a cog in the upper right corner. Can you help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-28T06:39:00+00:00

    Facebook changes its interface all the time, and people always whine and threaten to leave... but nobody ever does. And, it seems, Microsoft has been watching.

    Of course, switching from one of the many e-mail providers is a lot less effort than switching from Facebook (a social monopoly) to some other site nobody uses. Who knows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments