Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2014-06-27T13:59:10+00:00

    Your post contains nothing but a quote of someone else's post.  Did you have something to add?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-27T13:53:52+00:00

    For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-15T17:20:36+00:00

    Hi,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    I'm happy to address your concern.

    Please be informed that all Hotmail users has now been migrated to Outlook.com and the option to switch back is no longer available.

    If you're currently having issues reading and replying to an email, kindly optimize your browser or use other browsers so we could determine if this is a browser related issue.

    Some parts of Outlook might not work and it might not display properly if you're not using an updated browser. To get the best browsing experience in Outlook.com, please refer to article provided by Eugene.

    Should you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2013-07-14T21:42:42+00:00

    It's never going to change back.  Your choices are to learn to use it the way it is or migrate to a different service.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-07-14T18:25:31+00:00

    I hate the outlook hotmail.  How do I get rid of it.  I tried the way it said and I was one that could not return to hotmail.  I want it changed right away.  It does not work for me.  I have to wait for ever to read my email or even to reply to anything.  I want an answer as soon as possible.  I will not change to outlook.  I use Firefox and love it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments