Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-08T03:23:20+00:00

    Agreed.  The new hotmail is terrible.  Same here.  If there are no options to go back to the old Hotmail, I'll close my 12 yr old hotmail acct and do gmail full time.  Ridiculously bad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-28T02:03:30+00:00

    Hi Natalie,

    Thank you for getting back to us.

    We would like to know more about your issue. Let me ask a few questions.

    • You mentioned that you're not able to get emails from your account. Are you not able to receive emails or you have configured your account in an email client and you are not receiving emails?
    • You mentioned about retrieving them, what exactly are you trying to retrieve?

    It would be better if you can provide us with more information about your issue.

    We're looking forward to your response.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-27T20:40:47+00:00

    I have always just logged into Hotmail.  It never has changed until I switched computers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-27T20:28:14+00:00

    NTAIE

    When was the last time you lagged onto your account using a web browser/  The change to outlook.com was complete back in April so it is probably longer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-09-27T20:25:14+00:00

    Hello

    I am not able to get emails from my Hotmail account.  It switched to outlook without sending contacts, emails etc to the outlook account.  How can I retrieve thm?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments