Why did my hotmail account turn into outlook? How do I change it back?

Anonymous
2012-09-06T17:35:05+00:00

For the last week when I sign into my hotmail account it takes me to Oultlook instead of hotmail.  I am unable to open any of my emails.  How do I get it to go back to hotmail?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2016-09-23T13:32:14+00:00

    In 2012 when Audrey posted the message you replied to (which is when Hotmail became Outlook.com), there was.

    As has been said many, many times, the Hotmail interface is dead and there is no resurrecting it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-23T08:25:33+00:00

    Thank you for your clear instructions. Unfortunately there is no last item on cog icon showing 'Switch back to Hotmail'.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2016-09-18T01:09:19+00:00

    The Hotmail interface went away three years ago and the old Outlook.com interface isn't coming back either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments