I cannot open attachments in Outlook on my Android browser. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

Anonymous
2013-03-08T13:31:18+00:00

Today, my Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.  I lost the ability to open attachments accessing outlook on my Android browser on my Motorola Razr smartphone.  When I try opening attachments such as pics and docs I get an error message.  Is this issue being addressed to be fixed?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-05T00:10:09+00:00

    Ya, this is very concerning. My Gmail account lets me download. It is an easy fix. The Microsoft employees answering this post are obviously not qualified to be here. Please get someone who can actually answer the question. I should not have to use your full site on my mobile to download, it takes too long

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-26T09:26:20+00:00

    I confirm that 2 years later the problem still exists. The outlook app for Android doesn't allow me to open any links/attachment from the e-mail. 

    Where can i file a trackable support ticket?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-10T20:33:55+00:00

    This is not ok. The problem still persists (2015-07-10) and you're left with no other choice as a viable android outlook application. When are you planning on solving this problem for all the millions of people who now are stuck with this app and maybe has no other choice to download their files from their e-mails!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-16T02:18:02+00:00

    Same here, just found this as well. Didn't know you couldn't download images attached to an email to Android phone, what a royal pain!! Cannot something be done about this, what rotten service!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-10-26T11:47:11+00:00

    26/10/2015 - same issue. I cannot download photo attachments in my Outlook app on my Samsung Galaxy with Android. No problems on the PC. On my phone I can see the photos in the email but no about of clicking or searching around is coming up with a way of downloading them. This issue seems to have been around for a while - is anyone going to resolve it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments