I cannot open attachments in Outlook on my Android browser. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

Anonymous
2013-03-08T13:31:18+00:00

Today, my Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.  I lost the ability to open attachments accessing outlook on my Android browser on my Motorola Razr smartphone.  When I try opening attachments such as pics and docs I get an error message.  Is this issue being addressed to be fixed?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T13:58:37+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community Forum. Let me try to assist you with your concern with being unable to download attachments using your device.

    I understand that you are using the Outlook app on your device and your not able to download attachment using it. Please provide us the exact steps that you are doing when you are trying to download the attachment.

    Please also answer the following questions below:

    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the app? If not please do and check if the same issue will still persist.
    • Have you tried using another account on your device to check if the issue will still happen?

    We look forward to your response.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T14:09:24+00:00

    I am not getting ANY error message; I click on the message; there is a little 'clip' symbol to show there is an attachment; I try to click on it, like I do in any other computer or device in Hotmail, but nothing happens; it does not open the attachment; it does not give me the option to 'save' it - NOTHING HAPPENS; the attachment is totally inaccessible. There is NO option anywhere on the screen to 'open attachment' - nothing at all.

    I will try re-installing it; but this is already the THIRD time I have re-installed it because it has had so many other problems; it's a piece of JUNK; really microsoft need to just try to produce software & apps that WORK (Please pass this on to whoever develops these apps).

    I don't know what you mean by 'another account' - this is the only method I use to access my Hotmail account on this phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T14:23:53+00:00

    OK; further to the message above; I forwarded the message with the attachment to my Gmail account; I accessed this on my phone, and there was NO PROBLEM AT ALL WITH DOWNLOADING THE ATTACHMENT. So it is just your rubbish app that does not work. I cannot even open the message itself properly; I click on it & it just expands & collapses the 'conversation'; showing the other messages from that person & then hiding them; but the message with the attachment does not actually open.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T15:57:51+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for the additional information. Let me further assist you with this concern.

    For us to be able to proceed on the next steps of our investigation. Please provide us with your device details and email address. You can also try gathering a log file of your Outlook app by following the steps below:

    1. Start Outlook.com's app
    2. In the message list view, click the "..." in the bottom right of the screen
    3. Tap the "settings" option
    4. Tap the "general" option at the top
    5. Scroll down and tap the "support tools" option
    6. Tap "log level" and choose "fine trace"
    7. Delete/Remove the account and sign back in
    8. Go back to support tools
    9. Tap the "send logs" option
    10. Email the logs an accessible email address
    11. Log in to that email address and download the attachment.

    Once you had downloaded the attachment please upload it and the other information requested on the private message area that I have initiated for you.

    We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

    Note: You can open the private message by clicking the red link above your post that says

    "You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private messages section."

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-01-28T22:40:27+00:00

    Folks,

    I have stumbled upon this thread from a full 2 years ago!!! And unfortunately these issues still now exist, how can this be!

    Somehow I managed to steer clear of this god awful new microsoft os, but a forced new laptop has plunged me into the microsoft 8 mire.

    Please god tell me how this system works. I have spent 2 days in a world of regret and utter frustration.

    I cant open or save documents when using my other devices. I cant forward or reply to emails on any device. What the hell is the account open page for, it serves no purpose.

    15 years spent learning every incarnation of office for what?  I did not ask for or need this! 

    Audrey, if you are still there, please do not reply with the generic first paragraph, it is beyond condesending. 

    Actually the more i read online can you please advise how I remove myself from this all together. Life is too short.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments