I cannot open attachments in Outlook on my Android browser. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

Anonymous
2013-03-08T13:31:18+00:00

Today, my Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.  I lost the ability to open attachments accessing outlook on my Android browser on my Motorola Razr smartphone.  When I try opening attachments such as pics and docs I get an error message.  Is this issue being addressed to be fixed?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-04T11:47:29+00:00
    1. I like using my email through the browser and not the app.  Outlook has since been fixed via update.  Attachments such as pictures are downloaded to the phone as a file but not viewed in the body of the email as used to happen with Hotmail.  I miss the ability to automatically view pictures without first opening the file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-04T02:46:46+00:00

    I didn't ask to be change to outlook but since you big corporate guys insist on changing it anyway, that's fine... but as long as it WORKS... it doesnt !!

    Via the browser, i used to be able to download attachment in my android device (galaxy s2).

    since this new outlook thing, emails with attachment arent even acknowledged as email with attachments. no option for attachment shows up. nothing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-11T13:45:07+00:00

    Hi Blisdov99,

    Thank you for taking time posting in this forum. I am very happy to be of help to you regarding your issue of having an inability to open attachments after been upgraded to Outlook.com.

    I know how tough it is to be having difficulties of opening attachments using a phone device. We are absolutely aware of this issue and we assure you that this matter is being addressed. Often times, this issue happens when a user of Hotmail account got upgraded to Outlook.com. We would like to verify if you're using the Android default web browser to access your email account? If yes, please try to use Outlook.com application for Android phones and see if the same issue persists.

    To download  Outlook.com app for Android phones, just click the link below:

    Go mobile with Outlook.com

    If same issue persists, we would like to ask just a few questions, this is just to isolate the source of the issue.

    • Are you able to open attachments using your PC?
    • What is the exact error message prompting on your phone device?
    • Have you tried another browser to open attachments on your phone?

    Please let us know if the instructions above didn't solve your issue, we are very eager to assist you in resolving this issue.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments