I cannot open attachments in Outlook on my Android browser. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

Anonymous
2013-03-08T13:31:18+00:00

Today, my Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.  I lost the ability to open attachments accessing outlook on my Android browser on my Motorola Razr smartphone.  When I try opening attachments such as pics and docs I get an error message.  Is this issue being addressed to be fixed?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T14:23:53+00:00

    OK; further to the message above; I forwarded the message with the attachment to my Gmail account; I accessed this on my phone, and there was NO PROBLEM AT ALL WITH DOWNLOADING THE ATTACHMENT. So it is just your rubbish app that does not work. I cannot even open the message itself properly; I click on it & it just expands & collapses the 'conversation'; showing the other messages from that person & then hiding them; but the message with the attachment does not actually open.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T14:09:24+00:00

    I am not getting ANY error message; I click on the message; there is a little 'clip' symbol to show there is an attachment; I try to click on it, like I do in any other computer or device in Hotmail, but nothing happens; it does not open the attachment; it does not give me the option to 'save' it - NOTHING HAPPENS; the attachment is totally inaccessible. There is NO option anywhere on the screen to 'open attachment' - nothing at all.

    I will try re-installing it; but this is already the THIRD time I have re-installed it because it has had so many other problems; it's a piece of JUNK; really microsoft need to just try to produce software & apps that WORK (Please pass this on to whoever develops these apps).

    I don't know what you mean by 'another account' - this is the only method I use to access my Hotmail account on this phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T13:58:37+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community Forum. Let me try to assist you with your concern with being unable to download attachments using your device.

    I understand that you are using the Outlook app on your device and your not able to download attachment using it. Please provide us the exact steps that you are doing when you are trying to download the attachment.

    Please also answer the following questions below:

    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the app? If not please do and check if the same issue will still persist.
    • Have you tried using another account on your device to check if the issue will still happen?

    We look forward to your response.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T09:56:15+00:00

    I ALSO HAVE THIS ISSUE; PLEASE HELP;  it is EXTREMELY URGENT!! I also cannot open nor download attachments from e-mails; I am using a Sony Xperia S, & my desktop is an Apple Mac - and no; there are absolutely NO problems with opening attachments on ANY other devices; not my Mac, nor my Blackberry tablet, nor any other computer on which I access my Hotmail account. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THIS USELESS SOFTWARE FOR PHONES!! This is very urgent as right now the ONLY way I can actually transfer documents to my phone is via downloads from e-mail ('Sony Bridge for Mac' does not work with documents). It worked fine before this stupid upgrade to the useless Outlook which never works properly.

    PLEASE ASSIST URGENTLY.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-04-04T15:04:06+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for the additional information. Please verify if the same issue is happening when accessing your attachments via PC? We nee dto isolate your issue first before we can provide you with any troubleshooting steps.

    We look forward to your response.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments