I cannot open attachments in Outlook on my Android browser. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

Anonymous
2013-03-08T13:31:18+00:00

Today, my Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.  I lost the ability to open attachments accessing outlook on my Android browser on my Motorola Razr smartphone.  When I try opening attachments such as pics and docs I get an error message.  Is this issue being addressed to be fixed?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-10T20:33:55+00:00

    This is not ok. The problem still persists (2015-07-10) and you're left with no other choice as a viable android outlook application. When are you planning on solving this problem for all the millions of people who now are stuck with this app and maybe has no other choice to download their files from their e-mails!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-26T09:26:20+00:00

    I confirm that 2 years later the problem still exists. The outlook app for Android doesn't allow me to open any links/attachment from the e-mail. 

    Where can i file a trackable support ticket?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-05T00:10:09+00:00

    Ya, this is very concerning. My Gmail account lets me download. It is an easy fix. The Microsoft employees answering this post are obviously not qualified to be here. Please get someone who can actually answer the question. I should not have to use your full site on my mobile to download, it takes too long

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-28T22:40:27+00:00

    Folks,

    I have stumbled upon this thread from a full 2 years ago!!! And unfortunately these issues still now exist, how can this be!

    Somehow I managed to steer clear of this god awful new microsoft os, but a forced new laptop has plunged me into the microsoft 8 mire.

    Please god tell me how this system works. I have spent 2 days in a world of regret and utter frustration.

    I cant open or save documents when using my other devices. I cant forward or reply to emails on any device. What the hell is the account open page for, it serves no purpose.

    15 years spent learning every incarnation of office for what?  I did not ask for or need this! 

    Audrey, if you are still there, please do not reply with the generic first paragraph, it is beyond condesending. 

    Actually the more i read online can you please advise how I remove myself from this all together. Life is too short.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T15:57:51+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for the additional information. Let me further assist you with this concern.

    For us to be able to proceed on the next steps of our investigation. Please provide us with your device details and email address. You can also try gathering a log file of your Outlook app by following the steps below:

    1. Start Outlook.com's app
    2. In the message list view, click the "..." in the bottom right of the screen
    3. Tap the "settings" option
    4. Tap the "general" option at the top
    5. Scroll down and tap the "support tools" option
    6. Tap "log level" and choose "fine trace"
    7. Delete/Remove the account and sign back in
    8. Go back to support tools
    9. Tap the "send logs" option
    10. Email the logs an accessible email address
    11. Log in to that email address and download the attachment.

    Once you had downloaded the attachment please upload it and the other information requested on the private message area that I have initiated for you.

    We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

    Note: You can open the private message by clicking the red link above your post that says

    "You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private messages section."

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments