I cannot open attachments in Outlook on my Android browser. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

Anonymous
2013-03-08T13:31:18+00:00

Today, my Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.  I lost the ability to open attachments accessing outlook on my Android browser on my Motorola Razr smartphone.  When I try opening attachments such as pics and docs I get an error message.  Is this issue being addressed to be fixed?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-19T09:00:59+00:00

    Hi I tried all of your recommendations and still cannot open my attachments. I have reverted back to Hotmail, as it allows me to sync my contacts better, but still not able to open attachments with that either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-15T21:26:16+00:00

    Sign in to you Hotmail account.

    1. Click on OPTIONS
    2. Under ACCOUNTS click on EMAIL FORWARDING
    3. Enter you email and select "Keep a copy of forwarded messages in your Outlook.com inbox.", so that email comes to both you hotmail, and gmail account, in case microsoft solves this problem, you can then go back and use your hotmail if you want.

    Sign in to your GMAIL account, and then go to settings.

    1.Click on ACCOUNTS AND IMPORT

    1. Under IMPORT MAIL AND CONTACTS enter you hotmail adress, and then sign in to your hotmail account to confirm that you want to do that. Window will open and guide you through IMPORT process ( very easy).
    2. click on Send mail as:

    (Use Gmail to send from your other email addresses), and enter your hotmail address and make it your primary. So when ever you send or reply any email you get, it will be send as your hotmail address.

    Technically  i now use GMAIL to fix my HOTMAIL. I send or reply to all me emails through GMAIL, but every email i send, will show as @hotmail.com in their inbox.

    Hope this helps :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-15T12:53:29+00:00

    My temporary solution was

    1. Made a brand new GMAIL account
    2. Imported all emails and contacts from my hotmail email adress.
    3. Forwarded all my incoming emails to my new Gmail account.

    Works very good. A**tleast its working now and the Gmail app is faster than Outlook app.

    30 min job solved my 4day headache.

    Thanks for your advice. Is there a function that automatically forwards your Hotmail emails to  your Gmail account? Or do you still forward emails manually?

    My Hotmail seems to have given up on the PC now, I can't view any of my emails now and get an error message. The problem on my Android phone of not being able to download attachments still persists. I have removed my Hotmail account from phone and downloaded the app again, no change.

    I use my Hotmail account for over 15 years but now with all those issues it might be time for a change. Hotmail Preview is just not working! Very frustrating. I just hope there will still be some feedback from Microsoft at some point soon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T13:59:30+00:00

    A great idea!  I will do that myself.  Thank you!  Google should hire you as its spokesperson!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T11:08:00+00:00

    My temporary solution was

    1. Made a brand new GMAIL account
    2. Imported all emails and contacts from my hotmail email adress.
    3. Forwarded all my incoming emails to my new Gmail account.

    Works very good. A**tleast its working now and the Gmail app is faster than Outlook app.

    30 min job solved my 4day headache.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments