I cannot open attachments in Outlook on my Android browser. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

Anonymous
2013-03-08T13:31:18+00:00

Today, my Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.  I lost the ability to open attachments accessing outlook on my Android browser on my Motorola Razr smartphone.  When I try opening attachments such as pics and docs I get an error message.  Is this issue being addressed to be fixed?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-27T14:02:54+00:00

    It works today, 12/28/2015.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-25T02:24:53+00:00

    This is just another - of many - examples on the poor service rendered by Microsoft! 

    Use another mail agent - TypeMail for instance - which functions perfectly and is much better than that of Microsoft's

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-25T00:57:09+00:00

    I forward all of my Hotmail (Outlook) emails on my phone (that have attachments) to my GMail account on my phone in order to open & read all attachments.  Attachments open perfectly fine in GMail.  It's a hassle to access my emails this way, but until Microsoft solves this PITA problem, this is the only "solution" to the issue.  See the above response by ElvisDelic Ibukic.  He offers good advice.  BTW, this phone-hotmail-email problem has been occurring for some time now, and Microsoft has yet to remedy the situation with their product. Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-25T00:33:14+00:00

    I am having this same issue. I click on the attachment to open it and an ERROR message comes up and says the document is empty...which is not true because it opens on my other email account just not Hotmail one.

    It does open in Hotmail on my computer though just not on my phone. What should I do??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-20T15:23:37+00:00

    Agree. 2 of my friends had the same problem since the upgrade. I'm sure they will fix it, but for a multi billion dollar company the support on this matter is very poor so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments