I cannot open attachments in Outlook on my Android browser. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

Anonymous
2013-03-08T13:31:18+00:00

Today, my Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.  I lost the ability to open attachments accessing outlook on my Android browser on my Motorola Razr smartphone.  When I try opening attachments such as pics and docs I get an error message.  Is this issue being addressed to be fixed?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T11:08:00+00:00

    My temporary solution was

    1. Made a brand new GMAIL account
    2. Imported all emails and contacts from my hotmail email adress.
    3. Forwarded all my incoming emails to my new Gmail account.

    Works very good. A**tleast its working now and the Gmail app is faster than Outlook app.

    30 min job solved my 4day headache.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-13T21:08:10+00:00

    My Sprint rep told me that Microsoft "should" be aware of the problem, but I have not seen a reply from Microsoft on the issue.  I totally agree that the "forward to Gmail" solution cannot be a permanent one.  Hoping Microsoft gets their act together soon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-13T20:50:15+00:00

    Same problem here, can't open any attachments from Hotmail on my android phone. All worked fine before I was upgraded to Outlook preview. PC and Ipad are not affected and work fine. I am also sending emails to my Gmail account from which I can open attachments fine. However, this can't be a permanent solution. Is Microsoft aware of this issue and are they doing something about it? Any help would be very much appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-13T10:59:02+00:00

    I feel for everyone also experiencing this same frustrating problem.  The only "solution" that I have been utilizing is to forward any of my outlook/hotmail emails with attachments to my gmail account in order to open & view the attachment.  Gmail opens the attachments without a problem.  I realize that this is a cumbersome "solution", but after reading about all of these people experiencing the same frustrating problem with their mobile outlook/hotmail accounts, Microsoft has yet to offer us all a better solution.  Forward emails with attachments to a gmail account for now.  Hope this tip helps.  Also hope Microsoft fixes this problem soon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-13T07:40:33+00:00

    Hi there.

    I have been using my private @hotmail.com, and my business hotmail for more than 10 years.

    Ever since i got outlook mail (preview) ALL my emails are gone. My hosting accounts, private and business information(on my private account). My business @hotmail account can't view any of the attachments on my android phone, but my private one can.

    So what is the solution here? No one seems to have an answer :/ Please address this problem that allot of people have. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments