I cannot open attachments in Outlook on my Android browser. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

Anonymous
2013-03-08T13:31:18+00:00

Today, my Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.  I lost the ability to open attachments accessing outlook on my Android browser on my Motorola Razr smartphone.  When I try opening attachments such as pics and docs I get an error message.  Is this issue being addressed to be fixed?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-05T15:11:18+00:00

    hi,

    i am pravin mohite,

    Regular user of hotmail account,

    i using my account through pc & mobile,

    but since few weeks i am having trouble to download the attachments from my mails,

    this problem occurring only on my mobile device which has outlook android app,

    but i am able to download the same attachment through PC.

    So please help us to solve this error !!!

    Waiting for your reply !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-01T22:20:23+00:00

    I am having this problem as well.  It's inane that there is no solution posted here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-31T05:27:39+00:00

    I cannot open attachments in Outlook hotmail app while downloading i got error failed to download and download error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-26T11:47:11+00:00

    26/10/2015 - same issue. I cannot download photo attachments in my Outlook app on my Samsung Galaxy with Android. No problems on the PC. On my phone I can see the photos in the email but no about of clicking or searching around is coming up with a way of downloading them. This issue seems to have been around for a while - is anyone going to resolve it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-16T02:18:02+00:00

    Same here, just found this as well. Didn't know you couldn't download images attached to an email to Android phone, what a royal pain!! Cannot something be done about this, what rotten service!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments