I cannot open attachments in Outlook on my Android browser. Is this a known issue and is it being addressed?

Anonymous
2013-03-08T13:31:18+00:00

Today, my Hotmail account was upgraded to Outlook.  I lost the ability to open attachments accessing outlook on my Android browser on my Motorola Razr smartphone.  When I try opening attachments such as pics and docs I get an error message.  Is this issue being addressed to be fixed?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-04T02:46:46+00:00

    I didn't ask to be change to outlook but since you big corporate guys insist on changing it anyway, that's fine... but as long as it WORKS... it doesnt !!

    Via the browser, i used to be able to download attachment in my android device (galaxy s2).

    since this new outlook thing, emails with attachment arent even acknowledged as email with attachments. no option for attachment shows up. nothing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T09:56:15+00:00

    I ALSO HAVE THIS ISSUE; PLEASE HELP;  it is EXTREMELY URGENT!! I also cannot open nor download attachments from e-mails; I am using a Sony Xperia S, & my desktop is an Apple Mac - and no; there are absolutely NO problems with opening attachments on ANY other devices; not my Mac, nor my Blackberry tablet, nor any other computer on which I access my Hotmail account. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THIS USELESS SOFTWARE FOR PHONES!! This is very urgent as right now the ONLY way I can actually transfer documents to my phone is via downloads from e-mail ('Sony Bridge for Mac' does not work with documents). It worked fine before this stupid upgrade to the useless Outlook which never works properly.

    PLEASE ASSIST URGENTLY.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T14:09:24+00:00

    I am not getting ANY error message; I click on the message; there is a little 'clip' symbol to show there is an attachment; I try to click on it, like I do in any other computer or device in Hotmail, but nothing happens; it does not open the attachment; it does not give me the option to 'save' it - NOTHING HAPPENS; the attachment is totally inaccessible. There is NO option anywhere on the screen to 'open attachment' - nothing at all.

    I will try re-installing it; but this is already the THIRD time I have re-installed it because it has had so many other problems; it's a piece of JUNK; really microsoft need to just try to produce software & apps that WORK (Please pass this on to whoever develops these apps).

    I don't know what you mean by 'another account' - this is the only method I use to access my Hotmail account on this phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-13T15:57:51+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for the additional information. Let me further assist you with this concern.

    For us to be able to proceed on the next steps of our investigation. Please provide us with your device details and email address. You can also try gathering a log file of your Outlook app by following the steps below:

    1. Start Outlook.com's app
    2. In the message list view, click the "..." in the bottom right of the screen
    3. Tap the "settings" option
    4. Tap the "general" option at the top
    5. Scroll down and tap the "support tools" option
    6. Tap "log level" and choose "fine trace"
    7. Delete/Remove the account and sign back in
    8. Go back to support tools
    9. Tap the "send logs" option
    10. Email the logs an accessible email address
    11. Log in to that email address and download the attachment.

    Once you had downloaded the attachment please upload it and the other information requested on the private message area that I have initiated for you.

    We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

    Note: You can open the private message by clicking the red link above your post that says

    "You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private messages section."

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-11T13:45:07+00:00

    Hi Blisdov99,

    Thank you for taking time posting in this forum. I am very happy to be of help to you regarding your issue of having an inability to open attachments after been upgraded to Outlook.com.

    I know how tough it is to be having difficulties of opening attachments using a phone device. We are absolutely aware of this issue and we assure you that this matter is being addressed. Often times, this issue happens when a user of Hotmail account got upgraded to Outlook.com. We would like to verify if you're using the Android default web browser to access your email account? If yes, please try to use Outlook.com application for Android phones and see if the same issue persists.

    To download  Outlook.com app for Android phones, just click the link below:

    Go mobile with Outlook.com

    If same issue persists, we would like to ask just a few questions, this is just to isolate the source of the issue.

    • Are you able to open attachments using your PC?
    • What is the exact error message prompting on your phone device?
    • Have you tried another browser to open attachments on your phone?

    Please let us know if the instructions above didn't solve your issue, we are very eager to assist you in resolving this issue.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments