How do I delete Outlook and go back to Hotmail?

Anonymous
2012-12-08T06:20:31+00:00

I hate Outlook. I have 2 hotmail email accounts. It was rather tricky how Outlook suddenly took over my hotmail first hotmail email acct. I was signing in and clicked something and bam, hotmail quickly went away and a few seconds later Outlook took over. I didn't like it but couldn't find a way to change it back to hotmail. So I've been dealing with it for a couple of weeks (and not liking it at all).

Then tonight as I was signing in to my other hotmail acct, wow same thing happened, suddenly without any clear warning Outlook took over my second hotmail acct. I am bloody mad about this. They sent me an email just after they captured my hotmail accts. The email has 4 or 5 things in a list, like getting acquainted with Outlook type stuff. The first items have links associated with them so it is easy to go learn all about Outlook. The last thing on the list says something like "let us know what you think about Outlook, go to "Options" and choose "feedback". It's late and I searched all over for a place to find "Options" and could not find it anywhere. 

 I HATE Outlook. This was SO tricky getting me into this. There was no link option to confirm or any explanation. I was just signing in and click my usual stuff to start checking email and then captured my Outlook. Sorry to be so mad about this or expressing it to you. I just hate computer trickery like this. Something flashed so fast there was no time to read it and no time to understand or decide what to do, it was decided for me. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to change it back to hotmail without closing email accts. If not, I will just close my decade old hotmail accts and go g-mail acct. Thanks in advance for your help.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-12-11T04:14:28+00:00

Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has caused you. You may try to switch back your account to Hotmail interface by clicking on the cog icon located at the upper right of the page and select Switch back to Hotmail. If this option is not available on your account, it is not possible to switch to the old interface.

Please be informed that all Hotmail users will be upgraded to Outlook.com and plans were shared when Outlook.com preview was launched.  To ensure a smooth transition for all Hotmail customers, the upgrade will be gradual. This is the start of that upgrade process.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-08T06:54:16+00:00

Hi Everyone,

I understand that the upgrade to the new Outlook.com User Interface from the Old Hotmail User Interface is a root of concern for most of you.

I would like to inform you that Microsoft is upgrading its systems in order to serve everyone better. The new Outlook.com UI is the upgrade for the email system and it has a similar user interface with Windows 8. In order to cope up with the neverending changes and upgrades in the cyberworld, Microsoft is inclined to upgrade the user interface of its email service.

We also appreciate all of the feedback that has been provided in this thread. As previously provided by the other moderators, you can provide us feedback via this link:

Feedback for Outlook.com

For customers who have other issues, I encourage you to post your questions or you can also view the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) for Outlook.com and Self-Help Articles and Top Issues Resolutions via these links:

--> Self-help articles for Hotmail, Calendar, and Windows Live Mail

--> Top issues – resolutions directory for Hotmail, Calendar and Mail

--> FAQs for Outlook.com

I will now be locking this thread.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-11T05:44:10+00:00

    I hate Outlook. I have 2 hotmail email accounts. It was rather tricky how Outlook suddenly took over my hotmail first hotmail email acct. I was signing in and clicked something and bam, hotmail quickly went away and a few seconds later Outlook took over. I didn't like it but couldn't find a way to change it back to hotmail. So I've been dealing with it for a couple of weeks (and not liking it at all).

    Then tonight as I was signing in to my other hotmail acct, wow same thing happened, suddenly without any clear warning Outlook took over my second hotmail acct. I am bloody mad about this. They sent me an email just after they captured my hotmail accts. The email has 4 or 5 things in a list, like getting acquainted with Outlook type stuff. The first items have links associated with them so it is easy to go learn all about Outlook. The last thing on the list says something like "let us know what you think about Outlook, go to "Options" and choose "feedback". It's late and I searched all over for a place to find "Options" and could not find it anywhere. 

     I HATE Outlook. This was SO tricky getting me into this. There was no link option to confirm or any explanation. I was just signing in and click my usual stuff to start checking email and then captured my Outlook. Sorry to be so mad about this or expressing it to you. I just hate computer trickery like this. Something flashed so fast there was no time to read it and no time to understand or decide what to do, it was decided for me. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to change it back to hotmail without closing email accts. If not, I will just close my decade old hotmail accts and go g-mail acct. Thanks in advance for your help.

    I AGREE MY LIVE.COM DISSAPEARED AND WHAM IN CAME OUTLOOK FOR US OLDIES WHO DONT LIKE CHANGE THIS IS MOST ANNOYING.I HATE READING MY E-MAILS IN A SMALL CONFINED AREA AT CENTRE OF PAGE AND HAVE TO MOVE MY PAGE FROM LEFT TO RIGHT TO READ EACH E-MAIL AS I CANT ENLARGE THE PAGE.I NEED THE OLD FORMAT OF MY LIVE.COM BACK.HAVE TRIED TO FOLLW INSTRUCTIONS AS PER HOTMAIL BUT TO NO AVAIL.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-11T05:18:25+00:00

    Thank you very much. This was helpful. I was able to figure out how to change back to hotmail after discovering the button looking icon after I'd sent the question (you called it a cog icon, so I learned something new).

    This is distressing news to hear that all hotmail users will be switched to Outlook in the future. Its good it will be a gradual switch, but I might get a different email account and move on. The Outlook experience was stressful for several reasons.

    Thank you again for your very good answer.

    Terri

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments