Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Anyone had any luck yet?
I am facing similar issues. I know that through exchange activesync it is possible (on mobile devices etc). Even on my mac using Touchdown which uses the exchange activesync properties to check mail.
Current Problem
- Emails not syncing (the odd email, less then 10%, appears in my in-box but there is no pattern (whether I check online or on my iphone it does not seem to change whether the emails come into Mac Mail
- Sent emails will go out from Mac Mail, but will not be in the sent folder on Mac Mail (will be on the outlook.com sent folder)
- Occasionally I get the double sent message (but have more or less given up sending from Mac Mail so cannot say how occasional this is)
- Checking of mail and sending of mail is PAINFULLY slow at times (I wonder if this is another cause of the problem with background time outs going on). It is not my bandwidth as other email providers have the mail "flying" in.
I have several accounts and they are all on Mac's native Mail application and I do not want to have to launch multiple programs just to check mail (or log into Outlook.com).
Am tempted to fork out the $$$$ for MS Outlook and install that on my Mac, but I have heard people are having issues with that. Has anyone tried using MS Outlook on the Mac to connect to their hotmail.
Whatever the situation is it is very annoying.
Mac connects to native Exchange (which is a MS product), why don't they just use that for the Outlook.com service.
Bob