Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
The ads help keep the outlook.com service free. You can remove the ads - by paying for Ad-free Outlook.com. It costs about $20 per year. Have a look here:
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
this advertising colom down the right hand side of my Email outlook page...driving me crazee to point of IM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT....such a short space to see e-mail colom in middle of it all...rediculous! I dont WANT adverts...gone to all the OPT OUT pages...STILL THERE
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The ads help keep the outlook.com service free. You can remove the ads - by paying for Ad-free Outlook.com. It costs about $20 per year. Have a look here:
Hi everyone,
I understand your frustration about this issue. Please write to our feedback page for us to know how we can improve our product better. Refer to the link below:
If you are encountering issues with your Outlook.com account, feel free to post it here so we can continue our support.
Regards,
Ma. Camille T.
What good it does. Did did not hear anything. You all suck and I am going to find an other email and shut my acct I have had for 15 yrs.
Hi I hope this Helps all that are trying to get rid of the ads on the side of your outlook email.
I Have only used this on Google chrome but I have seen where is works with other browsers.
I installed an app called Webmail Ad Blocker I went to this address https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webmail-ad-blocker/cbhfdchmklhpcngcgjmpdbjakdggkkjp/related?hl=en
and added it to my chrome browser restarted the outlook email and the adds were gone gave me more email viewing space.
it was Free to install. Hope this helps.
I feel the same frustration with this pane. I do not read the ads so why should I receive them. You people are going down the tubes fast. I have vision problems and the narrow reading pane is not wide enough for me to read horizonally without having to use the horizonal scroll bar.
Hi Bill,
We appreciate your time in letting us know your personal experience in using Outlook.com. Let's find out what are the possible options that we can do to resolve your issue.
The option to remove the ads on the inbox of free Outlook.com accounts is not available. You can still view your emails in full view so that you don't need to scroll the page from left to right. Here's how to do it:
Let us know if you have any questions.
Best regards,
Mark M.
Forum Moderator