in OUTLOOK how do i get rid of righthand side advertising Pane

Anonymous
2013-02-20T16:22:42+00:00

this advertising colom down the right hand side of my Email outlook page...driving me crazee to point of IM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT....such a short space to see e-mail colom in middle of it all...rediculous! I dont WANT adverts...gone to all the OPT OUT pages...STILL THERE

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-05T10:31:00+00:00

The ads help keep the outlook.com service free. You can remove the ads - by paying for Ad-free Outlook.com. It costs about $20 per year. Have a look here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ad-free-outlook

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-21T09:38:26+00:00

    paid over the top for microsoft windows in the first place!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-21T11:11:16+00:00

    paid over the top for microsoft windows in the first place!!

    No one forced you to buy Windows. You could have bought an Apple product. Or run Linux on a PC. It was totally your decision to buy Windows. And if you don't like outlook.com then change to Gmail or Yahoo mail or some other email service. Again, no-one is forcing you to use outlook.com. It's one of the wonders of PCs - you have options.

    Anyway, I'm off to help someone who wants help instead of someone who wants to whinge. Goodluck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-21T13:39:29+00:00

    Firefox/ PaleMoon/ Chrome.. are free browsers and ABP = "add block plus" is also free and blocks the adds in outlook. hotmail.com :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-21T14:40:10+00:00

    I have to say by the date of this post and the views that have been here NOTHING has changed! Still want to charge for an UPGRADED account that I am sure gets hacked as much as the LOWGRADE account. I agree that is why GOOGLE is rising up and taking over! Hello gmail account change! I am tired of being hacked and the ads drive me crazy! I wouldn't be here except on that paid Office 2010 you stopped my email forced me to online! As much money as Microsoft makes I don't think you need the AD's to "Keep it free"  If you do fine show the ad the first 10 seconds of sign on and be done! Give me viewing space please!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments