in OUTLOOK how do i get rid of righthand side advertising Pane

Anonymous
2013-02-20T16:22:42+00:00

this advertising colom down the right hand side of my Email outlook page...driving me crazee to point of IM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT....such a short space to see e-mail colom in middle of it all...rediculous! I dont WANT adverts...gone to all the OPT OUT pages...STILL THERE

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-05T10:31:00+00:00

The ads help keep the outlook.com service free. You can remove the ads - by paying for Ad-free Outlook.com. It costs about $20 per year. Have a look here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ad-free-outlook

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-21T22:43:59+00:00

    How did you get your viewing space back? I was not able to do that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-19T22:41:29+00:00

    Brilliant brilliant! It worked, thankyou so much. There are so many queries on this and the only stock answers seemed to be buy the upgrade. I want to tell the world! (Moneysavingexpert forum is also asking).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-10T00:50:20+00:00

    Hi I hope this Helps all that are trying to get rid of the ads on the side of your outlook email.

    I Have only used this on Google chrome but I have seen where is works with other browsers.

    I installed an app called Webmail Ad Blocker I went to this address https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webmail-ad-blocker/cbhfdchmklhpcngcgjmpdbjakdggkkjp/related?hl=en

    and added it to my chrome browser restarted the outlook email and the adds were gone gave me more email viewing space.

    it was Free to install.  Hope this helps.

    hooray hooray hooray "YES" It worked!!!!!

    Thank you Kevin36_77

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-05-21T01:19:37+00:00

    That is not an acceptable solution. You have to hit the full view bar every time you click in box. Personally I am switching to Gmail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments