Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
The ads help keep the outlook.com service free. You can remove the ads - by paying for Ad-free Outlook.com. It costs about $20 per year. Have a look here:
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
this advertising colom down the right hand side of my Email outlook page...driving me crazee to point of IM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT....such a short space to see e-mail colom in middle of it all...rediculous! I dont WANT adverts...gone to all the OPT OUT pages...STILL THERE
Configuring preferences and options in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The ads help keep the outlook.com service free. You can remove the ads - by paying for Ad-free Outlook.com. It costs about $20 per year. Have a look here:
After using "Hotmail" for about TWENTY YEARS _ I now have to PAY to opt out of their ridiculous "window"? Guess I'll open another account where I don't have to pay and I don't have to put up with the nonsense!
I never had the reading pane switched on.
However, problem solved now (but not by any Outlook method or advice).
Okay its plain and simple or better yet ...Let's use common sense. REMOVE THE ADVERTISEMENTS FROM THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE. Its extremely frustrating to try and read emails this way!!!! If you refuse to at least add and option to hide the advertisement, then after 20 plus years with hotmail. I guess I too will need to change over to gmail.
Hi Audrey,
I understand that you have a problem viewing your email subjects in your Inbox. Let me help you with that.
If your Inbox only showing the first two words, I suggest that you disable your reading pane so that you can see the whole subject of your emails in your Inbox. To do this, please follow the steps below:
If you have other concern or questions, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to assist you.
Thanks!