in OUTLOOK how do i get rid of righthand side advertising Pane

Anonymous
2013-02-20T16:22:42+00:00

this advertising colom down the right hand side of my Email outlook page...driving me crazee to point of IM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT....such a short space to see e-mail colom in middle of it all...rediculous! I dont WANT adverts...gone to all the OPT OUT pages...STILL THERE

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-05T10:31:00+00:00

The ads help keep the outlook.com service free. You can remove the ads - by paying for Ad-free Outlook.com. It costs about $20 per year. Have a look here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ad-free-outlook

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-22T14:24:25+00:00

    Not comparable to what!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-22T14:13:01+00:00

    You could try

    Webmail Ad Blocker

    It works and you do nat even have to restart you pc

    Thanks teddy22.

    The problem is, do I have to pay for Webmail Ad Blocker?

    I absolutely refuse to pay to block advertising which is forced upon me.

    Do you have Webmail Ad Blocker? If you do, did you have to pay for it?

    Cheers!

    Totally free.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-21T13:00:49+00:00

    Hi I hope this Helps all that are trying to get rid of the ads on the side of your outlook email.

    I Have only used this on Google chrome but I have seen where is works with other browsers.

    I installed an app called Webmail Ad Blocker I went to this address https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webmail-ad-blocker/cbhfdchmklhpcngcgjmpdbjakdggkkjp/related?hl=en

    and added it to my chrome browser restarted the outlook email and the adds were gone gave me more email viewing space.

    it was Free to install.  Hope this helps.

    Why pay for a free email ;)

    You can block the adds but not reclaim the space,

    Unless you want to Pay for a Plus account.

    Add this to your Restricted sites list,

    https://ads1.msads.net

    Gear symbol on the top right and Internet options (or Alt+TO)

    Security section and click on the Restricted site Icon,

    Then click on the Site button.

    Paste the about site in the box and click on Add,

    See a picture here,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-21T12:51:56+00:00

    You could try

    Webmail Ad Blocker

    It works and you do nat even have to restart you pc

    Thanks teddy22.

    The problem is, do I have to pay for Webmail Ad Blocker?

    I absolutely refuse to pay to block advertising which is forced upon me.

    Do you have Webmail Ad Blocker? If you do, did you have to pay for it?

    Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments