in OUTLOOK how do i get rid of righthand side advertising Pane

Anonymous
2013-02-20T16:22:42+00:00

this advertising colom down the right hand side of my Email outlook page...driving me crazee to point of IM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT....such a short space to see e-mail colom in middle of it all...rediculous! I dont WANT adverts...gone to all the OPT OUT pages...STILL THERE

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-05T10:31:00+00:00

The ads help keep the outlook.com service free. You can remove the ads - by paying for Ad-free Outlook.com. It costs about $20 per year. Have a look here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ad-free-outlook

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-21T01:14:06+00:00

    I agree with you 100% sugarplum60.

    Basically, users are being extorted to upgrade to a premium account, this is ridiculous. Microsoft is no different than the predatory programs that will not let your computer function properly unless you buy their software to eliminate the issues their software is causing. I am done with Outlook.com after this. I now know why they switched to the Outlook platform; it's all about the ads.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-13T05:27:15+00:00

    Hi Bill,

    We appreciate your time in letting us know your personal experience in using Outlook.com. Let's find out what are the possible options that we can do to resolve your issue.

    The option to remove the ads on the inbox of free Outlook.com accounts is not available. You can still view your emails in full view so that you don't need to scroll the page from left to right. Here's how to do it:

    1. Go to www.outlook.com and sign in with your Microsoft account
    2. Go to your inbox
    3. Open an email
    4. Click the Full view button which is at the upper right corner of your screen beside the up and down arrows

    Let us know if you have any questions.

    Best regards,

    Mark M.

    Forum Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-05-11T16:34:45+00:00

    I feel the same frustration with this pane. I do not read the ads so why should I receive them. You people are going down the tubes fast. I have vision problems and the narrow reading pane is not wide enough for me to read horizonally without having to use the horizonal scroll bar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-27T00:04:30+00:00

    Hi I hope this Helps all that are trying to get rid of the ads on the side of your outlook email.

    I Have only used this on Google chrome but I have seen where is works with other browsers.

    I installed an app called Webmail Ad Blocker I went to this address https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webmail-ad-blocker/cbhfdchmklhpcngcgjmpdbjakdggkkjp/related?hl=en

    and added it to my chrome browser restarted the outlook email and the adds were gone gave me more email viewing space.

    it was Free to install.  Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments