in OUTLOOK how do i get rid of righthand side advertising Pane

Anonymous
2013-02-20T16:22:42+00:00

this advertising colom down the right hand side of my Email outlook page...driving me crazee to point of IM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT....such a short space to see e-mail colom in middle of it all...rediculous! I dont WANT adverts...gone to all the OPT OUT pages...STILL THERE

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-07-05T10:31:00+00:00

The ads help keep the outlook.com service free. You can remove the ads - by paying for Ad-free Outlook.com. It costs about $20 per year. Have a look here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ad-free-outlook

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-10T00:50:20+00:00

    Hi I hope this Helps all that are trying to get rid of the ads on the side of your outlook email.

    I Have only used this on Google chrome but I have seen where is works with other browsers.

    I installed an app called Webmail Ad Blocker I went to this address https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webmail-ad-blocker/cbhfdchmklhpcngcgjmpdbjakdggkkjp/related?hl=en

    and added it to my chrome browser restarted the outlook email and the adds were gone gave me more email viewing space.

    it was Free to install.  Hope this helps.

    hooray hooray hooray "YES" It worked!!!!!

    Thank you Kevin36_77

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-05T09:50:23+00:00

    Okay its plain and simple or better yet ...Let's use common sense.  REMOVE THE ADVERTISEMENTS FROM THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE.  Its extremely frustrating to try and read emails this way!!!!  If you refuse to at least add and option to hide the advertisement, then after 20 plus years with hotmail.  I guess I too will need to change over to gmail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-16T20:44:06+00:00

    Mark. You miss the point. It's not about reading the opened emails, it's about looking at the inbox list, and being able to see all the topic headings, not just the first two words, because the adspace was compressing the content page. THEN you can decide whether to open the email or just delete, etc. 

    Anyway, the other suggestion from Kevin works a treat. Now I can see most of the email list contents.

    Regards

    Aud

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-22T15:55:34+00:00

    OK..if I have to pay ...I loved and have had HOTMAIL ACCOUNT for 12 years..I will close my OUTLOOK DOWN..Thank you !

    ******@hotmail.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments