Unable to send email to group. Getting an error message about incorrect format of email address.

Anonymous
2013-09-18T14:49:13+00:00

I tried to send an email to a group.  I got an error message in red:  "Please use the following format for email addresses: . . ." but I know of no way to look at my group list and see which email is spelled wrong, missing a letter or has any other problem. I'm really frustrated since this is an important email.

Original title: Blocked from sending a group email, but can't fix it.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-19T16:07:13+00:00

    I am having exactly the same problem ie it will not send out to the group that I have been sending too. It mentions specific email addresses, but they are in the correct format. If I delete them from the group, it then comes up with another email address....and another email address that it says is the wrong format but they are in the right format!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-18T15:05:59+00:00

    NPG

    Did you by chance copy paste the addresses from another program like Office?

    The correct format is ******@somewhere.com and can only contain letters and numbers.  SPecial characters arent allowed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-18T20:41:07+00:00

    Hi NonprofitGlen and misioneraquica,

    Welcome to the forum.

    I know how important it is for the both of you to be able to deliver out emails and you can rest assured that we'll do our best to help.

    First, just to verify the issue, are you also being prompted by the system that a specific email address which is included in the group has an incorrect format? If yes, kindly provide us the email address that is being marked as invalid and a screenshot of the error in the private message that I've created for you.

    It is possible that one of the email addresses in your group is no longer active which is why you cannot send an email.

    Just click on "You have a private reply to this message" link just above your post to view the message. You have to be signed into this website in order to see the Private Message tab and we also need you to reply back to this post if you've already provided the information in there.

    We'll await your response.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-18T16:17:01+00:00

    Suddenly I can't send my newsletters to the groups I've been sending it to for six years. It tells me incorrect format. The format is correct. What's up?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-09-18T15:27:58+00:00

    Your missing the point.  I understand what a correct format is.  The group list has worked before but now it doesn't.  Nor does it help me see any way that I can find the emails that don't have the correct format and fix them other than going thru the entire list one by one and seeing if that's one of the broken addresses. And like several other changes to Outlook, there was no warning, no method to meet a new standard, and no help at fixing this after the change.  I won't stay with Outlook if this can't be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments