How to delete a message that stays in the outbox after an error message while sending?

Anonymous
2011-07-12T09:22:27+00:00

I tried to send an email message but got an error because the address of one of the recipients was not correct. The message has not been sent, and next to my outbox I see the figure 1, so it's probably still in there. But when I click the outbox, I do not see any message in the messages list. And it's not blocking the sending of any new messages.

I already tried Working Offline, but this seems only to work on Windows PC's, not with Outlook 2011. What to do?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-07-14T03:29:48+00:00

Try this:

Open the AppleScript Editor found in /Applications/Utilities. Paste in the following three lines:

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"

delete every message of outbox

end tell

Click the Run button at the top and this should delete every message in your Outbox.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-10-17T10:42:05+00:00

This looks strange... are you sure you have an unsent message in Outbox?

Try the following script:

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"

repeat with msg from 1 to number of messages in outbox

tell message msg of outbox

set str to "Message " & msg & " with subject '" & subject & "' is in outbox"

display dialog str

end tell

end repeat

end tell


Cheers,

Filipe

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

38 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-03T13:49:51+00:00

    I am having the same problem. I am sending a file (980k) to a group address (116 addresses) from a Gmail account using Outlook for Mac 2011. It is set up as an IMAP account. Everytime it tries sending it comes back with an error code -17099.  Hopefully that is the info you were after. I'm a bit out of my depth with this sort of thing.

    I am still able to get other emails to group addresses through although they are smaller files (about 114k) and the group is only about 50 people.

    Thanks for any help you can give

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-02T14:57:59+00:00

    office for mac 2011, the outlook, outbox get stuck with one email outstanding, but I didnt see any email/attachment in the outbox, it stated 15kb, I have no way to delete it. is it a connetion problem, email could be in but could not be out.  It says one email is running but I could see any mail lfor deletion.

    Pls help and advise. I never any pleasant experience with outlook for years. surrender and give up,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments